Back with a new episode this week, full of good music and I launch my witch hunt on the cancel culture who took down rock music, and forced us into the shadows. When we get to the bottom of this I know that we will find that some who we trusted at one point were complicit, and others like Bob Costas who we knew were guilty of something will have played a hand in our disillusion and suffering.
Remember, whenever you look at an event or series of events from history, context is of the utmost importance. Without it your observations mean nothing. This is a very important lesson in life, all history needs context, you can’t pretend that the world then is the same as the world now, it’s imperative to understand the situation, even when it’s a challenging point of view, so you can understand the decision making process, the reactions, and the challenges that the time presented.
1) Damon Johnson & The Get Ready – Battle Lessons 2) Crobot – Keep Me Down 3) AC/DC – Demon Fire 4) The Dead Daisies – Unspoken 5) Shadow & The Thrill – Sugarbowl 6) Broken Witt Rebels – Money 7) Doomslide – Rock On 8) The Struts – Do You Love Me 9) The Heavy Eyes – God Damn Wolf Man 10) Kiss – Saint & Sinner
My week has been on the busy side, and because of my schedule, I am going to deliver you a great interview I did with Scott Holiday of the Rival Sons this. This is from a few years ago as they had just released Great Western Valkerie. Scott is a terrific character, and someone I enjoy speaking to immensely. This is a 3 part show, with lots of incredible music from Rival Sons!
The Noize Faktory returns this week, and we have a lot of things to discuss. The Ticketmaster Covid Test requirement, and then Metallica cancels their 2021 dates, saying it is unsafe to do larger live shows, and will be for some time. Covid appears to the be the tolling bell for the touring industry. I get into both subjects, and I use some math to give you some food for thought!
Got some incredible songs mixed in this week, new and old, but all of the highest quality! Enjoy, and thank you for always tuning in.
1) Kadavar – Evil Forces 2) Thee Rock & Roll Residency – Come Alive 3) Union – October Morning Wind 4) Taddy Porter – Devil’s Right Hand 5) StoneRider – Show Me The Light 6) The Temperance Movement – Only Friend 7) Wolfmother – Spanish Rose 8) Ace Frehley – Kicks 9) Blue Oyster Cult – Tainted Blood 10) ZZ Top – 2000 Blues
Hello my maniacal music loving zombie killers! We are about to be called up!
As the world descends into a barrel fucking contest judged by self important nipple twisting elitists who make Bob Costas and his brown eye….I mean pink eye, sorry, look like a solid source of moral guidance, I return with another thought provoking and deeply inspiring episode of the Noize Faktory.
My favorite thing about doing this show is my freedom of programming. It’s radio in it’s purest form. It’s radio the way it was intended. I share what I find to be great songs from bands that I think you need to hear, and albums that you may have missed. It’s my twist on rock music, sometimes a bit heavier, sometimes more bluesy, sometimes even funny, but it all seems to fit together nicely, and it defines the personality of this show.
The News On The Noize Faktory Returns: McDonald’s Cult Classic, The McRib, is coming back! (did you tinkle a little?)
1) The Rivals Sons – Keep On Swinging 2) Alice Cooper – Your Momma Won’t Like Me 3) Deep Purple – Doing It Tonight 4) Doomslide – I Want Your Sex 5) Shadow & The Thrill – Ready To Roll 6) Ricky Warwick – Fighting Heart 7) Screaming Eagles – Rock N’ Roll Soul 8) Europe – War Of Kings 9) Vandenberg – Let It Rain 10) Blue Oyster Cult – Take Me Away
Welcome to The Noize Faktory friends, and thank you to Max Alt Rock for bringing us into the fold for this new trade. I am honored to be a part of it. Rock radio has a lot of great music out there right now, a lot of it that hasn’t been getting played in mass, and I hope that I can turn you guys on to some of the truly incredible albums that should be getting spins on the stations you are listening to and programming!
1) Joe Bonamassa – I Didn’t Think She Would Do It 2) The Cold Stares – Don’t Wast Time With Goodbye 3) The Struts – I Hate How Much I Want You 4) Minefield – Alone Together 5) AC/DC – Shot In The Dark 6) Blue Pills – Dreaming My Life Away 7) Doomslide – You Spin Me Round (Like A Record) 8) Shadow & The Thrill – Crazy 9) King King – I Will Not Fall 10) Richie Kotzen – Raise The Cain
Hello my Mischievous Miscreants! Welcome to another edition of The Noize Faktory! I apologize I do rant a bit this week about a stupid article I read. Very annoying to see such ignorance at a time when so many people are affected and out of work. It’s as if Bob Costas, Joe Buck, Al Sharpton and Jim Florentine have had a foursome, and they have each given birth a million times to self centered morons, who cry because they aren’t getting enough attention on all their duck face pics, and selfies, so tantrums must be thrown, and they believe that their opinions take on new gravity because they believe they are internet famous. I liked it better when the creeps had to stay in their basements, and were outcasts from society, and it wasn’t ok to sell yourself on the internet. What’s your price? Oh, just your self-respect? Sounds fair.
Remember my friends, in the end, we all make mistakes, learn to take responsibility, and you will always be able to look yourself in the mirror and hold your head up. When you live a lie, you will be haunted by those you did wrong for eternity. Unless of course they were assholes and you were just settling the score. Then you will be fine. 🙂
1) The Dead Daisies – Bustle & Flow 2) Ace Frehley & Robin Zander – 30 Days In The Hole 3) Ricky Warwick – Fighting Heart 4) Tyler Bryant & The Shakedown – Pressure 5) The Cold Stares – Ways 6) Marcus King – Say You Will 7) Monster Truck – Undone 8) Blue Pills – Kiss My Past Goodbye 9) Thee Rock N’ Roll Residency – Til’ The Real Thing Comes Along 10) Twenty Two Hundred – Why Can’t You Love Me?
How are you all of you riled rock rejects holding up? Are you in a need of a shot? Something to pick you up? I think I may have just the thing for you! No, no, it’s not the confession of another D-Lister to cyber stalking young women, or their role in the death of a crackhead, it’s much better than that, it’s a brand new episode of The Noize Faktory! And this is a really good one!
After the crushing loss of EVH an unlikely group of heroes came to help give us hope once again, AC/DC return with a new song “Shot In The Dark”, and a soon to be released new album called Power Up. It’s as if the gods smiled upon us, to give us a ray of hope, and show us that we will get through all this. But not only do we have the new AC/DC, but we have a lot of new hope to share this week! Check out the show!
1) AC/DC – Shot In The Dark
2) The Struts – I Hate How Much I want You (Feat. Phil Collen and Joe Elliott)
3) Shadow & The Thrill – Ready To Roll
4) Richie Kotzen – Raise The Cain
5) Kadavar – Evil Forces
6) Ayron Jones – Take Me Away
7) Doomslide – You Spin Me Round (Like A Record)
8) Joe Bonamassa – Why Does it Take So Long To Say Goodbye
9) Dirty Honey – Too Much Poison
10) Leslie West – Standing On Higher Ground (Feat. Billy Gibbons)
The music World was dealt a heavy blow this week with the tragic loss of a legend and pioneer, Eddie Van Halen. This year has been hard in many ways, and has taken so many icons, legends, and musicians who were part of the soundtrack to our lives. This show is to celebrate just a few of them, pay our respects, and share memories and stories of the impact they have had on our lives.
Join me for a special edition of The Noize Faktory, raise your glasses to some of the characters that became part of our stories, and whose legacies we hold on to in our music collections, ticket stubs, t-shirts, and our memories!
1) Over The Mountain – Ozzy Osbourne 2) The Real Me – W.A.S.P. 3) Holy Water – Bad Company 4) Oh Well – Fleetwood Mac 5) Mean Street – Van Halen 6) I’ll Wait – Van Halen 7) Love To Love – UFO 8) YYZ – Rush 9) Set Me Free – Sweet 10) Goodbye – Paul Stanley
The news is hilarious this week, I like keeping that light so we can all laugh together as you listen. No matter how many crazy stories I find on the AP, they never cease to amaze me! We as humans really need help! Lots of great tunes this week, new music from some old friends, and a few new bands that should give you something to get excited about.
1) Stoning The Devil – Crobot – Motherbrain 2) Freedom Is Mine – Wolfmother – Rock N’ Roll Baby 3) Lucky 7 – Jane N’ The Jungle 4) PTSD – Agency Panic 5) Tainted Blood – Blue Oyster Cult – The Symbol Remains 6) Battle Lessons – Damon Johnson & The Get Ready 7) Raise The Cain – Richie Kotzen 8) Troubles Coming – Royal Blood 9) The Wicked And The Cursed – The Cold Stares 10) Whisper A Prayer For The Dying – Coverdale/Page
Welcome to another edition of the Noize Faktory, and a new issue of Max Alt Rock! Spotify continues to land in the headlines, and in very counterproductive ways, let’s discuss! It’s almost like Bob Costas and a nameless D list comedian who tells fart jokes for a living are running that company. Some amazing songs in this weeks episode to keep things moving up though! After all that’s what you are all really interested in!
Remember to check in on your friends from the touring world, their livelihood has been completely taken away from them, and it won’t be coming back anytime soon.
1) Alone Together – Minefield 2) South Of The City – Red Sky Mary 3) Step By Step – Deep Purple 4) Late Night – The Heavy Eyes 5) The Grind – Shadow & The Thrill 6) Never Give In – King King 7) The Well – Marcus King – El Dorado 8) Burning Heart (2020) – Vandenberg 9) She – Ace Frehley 10) The Whole World’s Watching – Walking Papers